Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Hmmm...

 

I'm not sure about this shawl. The pattern was easy enough to follow, but I don't think I care for the shaping at the neckline. This is the Birch Bark Canoe Shawlette from Todwick Studios. The pattern is free on Ravelry. 

I didn't read any of the project notes until I reached the lace edging section. I was a bit confused by the directions for the lace edging, but I found that the project notes were helpful. Several people commented that they didn't like the bump at the center of the neck edge. Of course I couldn't see what they were talking about, because that edge was on the needles. 

I'm sure there's a way to knit a crescent shaped shawl without that bump in the center. This is my first crescent shaped shawl, so I'll have to do some investigating. The lace edging isn't very lacy, nothing like the picture on the pattern page. It could be that I really need to get my blocking pins out and stretch the shawl into shape. I may do that later. For now, I think I'll move on to another project!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm just not happy with the hump at the neckline. I've doing some research, and I think I may try this style shawl again.

      Delete
  2. It is a rather odd shape. Perhaps it makes sense when the shawl is worn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping so, Jane. I just think it looks funky. I've been doing some research, and I may try a different technique for the center tab. For now, I've moved on to another pattern!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!