Thursday, February 24, 2022

New pattern

 

I've spent a lot of time researching center tabs for crescent shaped shawls. I can't say I've worked a center tab very often, if at all, but apparently the way it's worked does make a huge difference in the neckline shaping. Watching videos on neckline shaping left me too tired to make a second attempt at the Birch Bark Canoe Shawlette. I'm sure I will try it again, but for now I've moved on to another pattern.

This pattern is Equinox by Lisa Overby, the designer of Reyna which I have knit several times. I'm really enjoying the pattern, but I'm questioning my choice of yarn. This is another Mary Maxim Festive Feet, Candy Cane Sparkle. The yarn looks really pretty, but that metallic thread is tough on the hands! It's hard to tell this early on, but it seems like the metallic thread is going to affect the drape of the knitting. 

I did re-start the center of Anastasia from Laura Bziukiewicz's new book, Bonded with tatting - doilies. I'm working with size 40 Lizbeth, inspired by my friend Sue who loves size 40! I do too, but I find that it takes me a while to get back into the groove with finer thread after working with size 20.

We're having a Tollway Tatters Zoom meeting this Saturday. Just visit our Facebook page if you'd like to join us. Sue has been setting up our monthly meetings and it has been great fun to meat tatters from around the world! We start at 9 a.m. Central Time, and tatting friends visit for as long as they can. Sometimes it's just for a few minutes. It's great to connect and see what others are working on!

6 comments:

  1. Metallic thread is often difficult to work with isn’t it? So did you work the birch bark one incorrectly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing other pictures, I don't think I worked it incorrectly. Apparently there's more than one way to start the center tab. Knitting it according to the pattern directions causes the hump. With a slight change in how that center tab is knit, the hump disappears.

      Delete
  2. When I enlarge the picture of the shawl I see the sparkle!! :)
    Oooh, I can't wait to see your doily when it's done!! Looks like you are off to a beautiful start!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the sparkle! I love all the doilies in the book, and I'm enjoying working with the size 40!

      Delete
  3. Yur shawl looks like it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!