Sunday, February 27, 2022

February Tollway Tatters

 

We had a great Tollway Tatters Zoom meeting yesterday, with seven in attendance. It gave me a chance to finally get a good start on my Anastasia doily from Bonded with tatting - doilies by Laura Bziukiewicz. I had six or seven false starts with this one. I kept forgetting to join rings or tat sections of chain. 

Thinking that I might be having problems because of tatting with size 40 thread, I switched to size 20. With supreme confidence, I tatted three pattern repeats before realizing I hadn't joined the center rings. Apparently, thread size has nothing to do with my ability to follow a pattern. It's all in the concentration!

I'm using a new-to-me thread, Ariadna Muza. I ordered two colors, indigo and green. The balls have an incredible 910 yards for just under $10. So far, I like the thread. I'll have a better idea as my doily gets larger.

What good is new thread without a shuttle? This one is from NamiArt, the same shop that carries the thread.

I have several projects that I'm eager to start, so I decided I needed to spend some time finishing up what I already have going. I have two pattern repeats to go on my waffle stitch baby blanket. I'd like to finish this one this week.

I'm making good progress with my Equinox shawl by Lisa Overby. I'm finding that the metallic thread is not nearly as bothersome as it was at the beginning. Maybe my fingers are getting tough!

6 comments:

  1. Great you were able to meet over zoom. Pretty shuttle and threads. I love the look of the waffle stitch blanket, I’d like to make one one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have you join us even if it's only for a few minutes! I do love making waffle stitch blankets. It's such a simple pattern, and I've never been disappointed by the results.

      Delete
  2. The deep blue and bright green are so pretty together! I hope you'll solve the mystery of the "missed joins" soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blue and green is a fabulous color combination! Patience and paying attention are key when it comes to following tatting patterns!

      Delete
  3. Great start on your doily and fabulous shuttle you are using to tat it!!! :)
    Nice new shuttle!! :)
    Love the baby blanket!! :)
    Your shawl is looking great and reminds me of Lizbeth Cranberry Bush colorway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Diane - is that SPLIT RINGS I'm seeing? OMG OMG OMG!

    Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!