Monday, February 13, 2023

Selfies

 

Today's button is yellow! We had a beautiful, sunny day, so this was the perfect button to use.

I don't know how people manage to take selfies and look good. If I smile, I look goofy. I can never find the right light or angle. Still, I did my best so that I could show off my two newest scarves. 

This is the large crocheted keyhole scarf as shown by Fiber Spider. Mine doesn't look as big as his, I'm guessing because of the yarn I used.

This is the small one. These were two very easy scarves to crochet, and they worked up quickly. 

I forgot to take the hats to the kids at school today. I guess I'll have to take them tomorrow. Maybe I can get the kids to teach me how to take decent selfies!

10 comments:

  1. I think you did pretty well and you did show off the beautiful scarves. Any tips for taking selfies welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! One of the high school girls said that the bottom picture is exactly how I look when I'm scolding the boys in the cafeteria!

      Delete
  2. These scarves must be so cozy - like a cowl! Had never heard of or seen a keyhole scarf before. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarves are cozy! I couldn't believe how simple they are to make. They are a possible Christmas present for all my girls next year!

      Delete
  3. On selfies - be in good light and make sure you don't have anything distracting behind you. Tuck your chin down a bit and have a pleasant expression. Now hold the camera up ABOVE eye level and point down to get a better look. Take a number of pictures. With practice, you can get GOOD selfies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what the kids told me. I guess I need to practice!

      Delete
  4. Great button ornament!! :) We had sun too.
    Your scarves look fantastic!! :)
    And yes, when needing to know how to deal with technology the younger generation are the ones to ask for help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister loved the scarves, so they've already found a new home. I picked up some good advice from the kids yesterday.

      Delete
  5. I find the same about selfies too, Diane. They frighten me when I look at them - just like when I look in the mirror!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It must be pretty bad when we scare ourselves! I showed my selfies to some of the kids, and they thought my selfies were hilarious. Mission accomplished! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!