Saturday, October 26, 2024

Tollway Tatters to the rescue!


We had our monthly Tollway Tatters meeting via Zoom this morning, and it was just what I needed. Despite my efforts to be very careful, I tatted one too many spokes on this round of Renulek's Snow Doily.  I didn't want to cut the treads, so I was very slowly untatting 13 rings and the adjoining chains. Let me tell you, that was a very frustrating and painstaking task. 

When I was trying to decide what to work on during our meeting, I decided that untatting while chatting might be just what I needed. I was right! It took me almost three hours to finish taking out the rings and chains, and then tatting them correctly. In fact right before signing off, I realized that I had twisted the final chain. I said my goodbyes, took a few minutes break, and then fixed that final mistake.

Mistakes seem to be my thing lately. Yesterday, I finished the back pane of my Harvest Cardigan... or so I thought. When I started crocheting the first front panel, I realized I had crocheted more than half of the back panel using the wrong stitch. That's what I get for setting a project aside for a couple of weeks. My plan is to finish the first front panel, and then I will rip out the part that I crocheted incorrectly. There's not a big difference in the look, but there is a big difference in the drape of the fabric.

I'm thinking that's it time to focus on one project at a time!

4 comments:

  1. The Snow Doily looks beautiful! Your patience is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good for you, I don’t think I’d have patiently undone so much. It’s looking lovely. At least the crochet will be much easier to undo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need nerves of steel to undo 13 rings. I would have cut it and retatted. Your doily looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes are irritating. We were at the Annual Native Plant Society meeting in Fischers, IN

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!