Friday, July 11, 2014

Lovin' the weather

I love the weather. My sinuses do not!


Yesterday, while I was laid low with a sinus headache, Dave worked on restoring our pond, which hasn't been in working order for a couple of years. Somehow, the time to work on it always gets away from us.


He's almost finished. Today he finished putting the rocks around and got the fountain going. We need to plant some grass seed in the bare section that used to be a gravel path. I'm not sure that will happen tomorrow as we're supposed to get thunderstorms for the next few days. I hope that doesn't mean more sinus pressure!


I finished up two bags that I wove earlier in the week. I love adding bits of yarn from other projects to give a different dimension. It's also surprising that unusual colors seem to work well together.


I've also been experimenting with different weights of yarn, with very pleasing results. I put my iPhone in the pictures so that you can get an idea of the size of the bags. They are so much fun to make!

On the tatting front...


I'm almost halfway finished with round 8 of Renulek's Letnia. I am enjoying this doily.


I also worked some more on my hanky edging in Lizbeth Twirlz. I like the pattern. I like the thread. I'm just not sure I like the two together. However, since I'm this close to finishing there's no sense in giving up on it.

Chores are done for the day, so I think I'll take some time to tat!

7 comments:

  1. Your pond is gorgeous! Humidity coming! Very oppressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing really well with your weaving. Amazing that you find time to tat too, and that in spite of sinus headaches. I hope the weather is good for your head and the pond rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, it just amazes me that you are able to have so many projects going at one time! And that you do them all so well. Your bags are all so pretty and your tatting is superb. I'm just wondering what your next new craft will be? Whatever, I'm sure you will succeed in it also.

    Life must never be dull around your home as Dave is also talented with his many on going projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks beautiful, can you send him over here to give mine a make over.
    Your weaving looks lovely beautiful bags,
    I am not far behind you on the doily front, and the edging looks lovely
    Margaret2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your woven bags are so nice!!! :)
    Your doily is still looking fabulous!!! :)
    Great edging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to be losing entire days so I have been reviewing your posts and seeing how much fun you are having with your tatting buddies. Sorry you are not feeling well...if it would help you please send all of your rain to us as we are drier than dry. I am so happy to be home and reading my favorite blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, that's a nice doily, and those bags are wonderful! Hope you get rid of your sinus headache.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!