Sunday, April 12, 2015

Joining the Lafayette Lacemakers

Yesterday was the day to head to Lafayette, Indiana to attend their lace event. It was great to see so many familiar faces!


My dear friend Pat attended with me. We've known each other for years, and I was her son Brian's 4th grade teacher. That was my only year as a classroom teacher, and each of those students will always hold a special place in my heart.


I'm terrible about remembering to take pictures, but I did remember to take this one of Battatter and Yarnplayer aka Carol and Marilee. My good friends Carol and Sue Anna were also there, but I forgot to get pictures of them. If we had planned ahead, we could have worn our tie-dye t-shirts so that everyone would recognize the Tollway Tatters!


I decided I needed a break from the two large doilies, and I turned to my favorite pattern, Spinning Wheel glass mat from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I'm not especially fond of tatting with size 10 thread, but I decided to try it out with the Spinning Wheel pattern. It's not too bad, but I'm looking forward to working with at lease size 20 again. I'm using my new Astro-Knot shuttles. They are very nice, and extremely light weight!

The girls at school have been asking for crocheted button flowers, hair clips, and headbands, so I decided to focus on crocheting button flowers this weekend. I managed to get quite a few done!











It doesn't look like very many in the can, but I'm guessing there are close to 100 button flowers finished. I guess I'll have to work on those hair clips and headbands now!

11 comments:

  1. So many buttons! They do look like a small pile in the can........(maybe you need to use a smaller can...lol ...) Too busy having fun to take photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a wonderful time and visit :) love the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day in Lafayette. You're certainly going full steam on the buttons and it sounds as though there's plenty of demand for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very busy with flowers!!! :) They all look great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how you're keeping up with all the orders! I think I predicted they would be in demand, though! Must be rewarding to see all the little girls at school wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glass mat. My kind of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many buttons! They all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics! Hey can I snag the one of me and Marilee for my blog?
    I also like the little flowers... wow.. you have made sooooo many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh forgot to mention... did you get your prize? You won.. I think some picot gauges...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Sherry's blog (Createology), love your buttons...I am inspired as Sherry is!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Sherry's blog (Createology), love your buttons...I am inspired as Sherry is!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!