Saturday, July 18, 2015

Overconfident


I finished another dishcloth before breakfast this morning, leaving the rest of the day for a bit of tidying and a lot of tatting!


I was feeling pretty good about round 7, and I forged on with confidence!


Apparently, I had too much confidence. I was not careful about checking my work as I was with round 7, and when I went to the ironing board, I noticed this glaring mistake just one pattern repeat past where I left off yesterday.

You know what I'll be doing next... snip, snip, snip! I think I may have to buy a new pair of scissors. Mine must be getting dull from all this snipping!

8 comments:

  1. I can easily understand how you could get confused on this round. It's like an interlocking puzzle where the points mesh into each other. Very clever design, but I think it would drive me a little crazy! You are forging ahead with your usual perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I don't see why you need to cut the entire round ? Or do you mean only the extra bit ? May be I interpreted incorrectly ...

    New scissors can be bought when blunt, but your amazing sharpness & motivation is truly precious & priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only cut back to the mistake, but that was most of the tatting. I think I need to pay closer attention! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh Diane, Those scissors will be worn out by the time you finish this mat. What a pity can you get away with just the little bit that went went wrong and redo that but, it would be a shame to cut off the whole round.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, if I had been thinking, I bet I could have cut out just the one ring. It's too late now... I've already snipped and restarted!

      Delete
  4. I agree with muskann don't cut entire round, I can't take watching this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look very nice! :) So sad to hear you made another mistake. I do that a lot too!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!