Sunday, July 5, 2015

The party's over

...and we've had a wonderful time! Some of our family were able to come over to celebrate the 4th of July, and we all ate too much food... how unusual! We had a frisbee game and badminton set up in the yard, and we did try to play. However, Sophia decided that the games were hers. It was quite comical to see her trying to possess the frisbee, the racquets, and the birdies. She was definitely the center of attention!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a holiday as we did!


After the clean-up was finished and everyone else had left for home or bed, I managed to finish the next pattern repeat of rows 10 and 11 on the Jan Stawasz Masterpiece. I would love to be able to finish these two rounds this week. I'm not sure it will happen, though. Dave is on vacation and he has made a list of chores to accomplish around the house this week. I'm not usually directly involved in these chores, but I do accompany him on shopping trips, fetch things that are in the house when he's outside, and we will be helping out two of our daughters around their houses. Somehow, all of those little activities really take a bite out of my tatting time. Still, it is good to have goals!

5 comments:

  1. glad you had a great 4th and this doily is so big now doesn't fit in the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, parties do have a way of getting over ;-P But they leave behind happy times & precious memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time, sounds interesting,
    Hope you get a bit of time to tat
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing you you will still make good progress even if it doesn't get done this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun you had, I do hope your tatting gets lots of attention now. I see you are already 1/4 done row 10 and 11. :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!