I was asked to post a picture of the part I snipped off of my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece, so here it is!
I carefully snipped each joining ring and gently pulled the remaining thread out of each picot, leaving lace that can be used for other purposes.
It looks kind of pretty all folded up!
I spent most of the day with daughter Carol, helping her proofread the second chapter of her master's thesis. So, I didn't get as far as I would have liked with round 7. It's probably a good thing that I didn't have more time to tat today as my arm is getting kind of sore. Maybe I should spend a day weaving! ;-)