Monday, January 22, 2018

Playing with hearts


I tried working with the basic Ice Drop pattern and picots.


I tried a variety of chain lengths,


trying to find a stitch count that enhanced the shape of the acrylic heart.


I can't say that I'm happy with any of them. In fact, looking back on the heart designs I've tried, I think I like my first one the best, the one that reminded me of Minnie Mouse.

I'm getting kind of tired of hearts. I may do some more experimenting, but I think I'm ready to move on to other things.

7 comments:

  1. It’s good to experiment, but a bit disheartening when things don’t work out as you expect. I think the third one works, especially if you made the lowest chain more pointy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my biggest problem is that I don't really have a vision of what I want to make. On top of that, I'm not sure I'd know how to accomplish what I would envision!

      Delete
  2. You know i to love your experimenting and have a request, if you have a black center could you make one that looks like a poppy it would be adorible for Vetrends Day? I dont know why this post made me think of this 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look at my stash. I think I do have some black glass gems, and I do love poppies!

      Delete
    2. I have bought the gems and I have seen them in colors but I didn't recall any in black but. I hope you got some it would be fun to see and if you came up with one I would so start to look for those gems as long as you had a pattern 😄 we could make 😄 of course no pressure there ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. I really like the last one here - add a small thrown ring and it's good to go.
    I also liked your 2nd one in previous post - you were right that it only needs shorter chains at the lower end.
    Also, if the gem surface (and shape) shows up more, it will reinforce the heart shape.
    Just my 2-cents

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!