Last night I decided to unload my shuttles by crocheting a few more button flowers.
These don't take much thread, so I was pretty close on winding enough thread to finish my snowflake.
I may be doing this backwards, but I chose the next thread for button flowers and when I had them finished, I decided the thread would make a pretty snowflake.
I was right! Although 3 cord thread isn't ideal for tatting (in my mind), I really have enjoyed using it for these snowflakes. I believe this teal, bronze, and white thread is Artiste from Hobby Lobby. It's slightly smaller than the pink one. It's 5.5", and the pink is 6". I know that dye can make a difference in yarn, so I'm guessing the dye made a difference in the thread. It doesn't really matter. I'm not going to wear them! In case you haven't been reading my blog, I've been test tatting the pattern Noelle by Robin Perfetti. I love this snowflake!
Again, I used up the thread left on the shuttles for crocheted button flowers. Obviously, I wound a little more thread this time!