Sunday, July 22, 2018

I had plans

I really meant to get so much accomplished this afternoon, but somehow I got distracted... again!

We had rain showers all morning, so I worked on some reorganizing. My goodness, I have an awful lot of stuff! I really need to find new homes for some of it. There's no way I can use up everything I have.

I started off the afternoon with an Ice Drop in metallic thread. I was almost finished with the first round when I managed to knot the thread. Then I managed to shred it while trying to get the knot out. I gave up and threw it away. I'll try metallic thread another day!


I then moved on to a Beaded Bloom by Tamie Alliss. This one's okay, but I still struggle with getting those chains around the center bead.


Thinking that I might do better without beads, I tried again. I think this one looks worse! It really does look drab without the seed beads.


Then I moved in to the sewing room and finished two Origami pouches. I almost sewed up a lined drawstring bag as well, but the phone rang and I forgot! ;-)

Before starting this post I was finishing up the next Masquerade motif on my Sweet Tarts doily. I joined to the first square, but forgot to join to the second square, so I snipped!

I think it's time to call it a night!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, beads do add sparkle and dimension to it! Perhaps reducing 1ds in each segment of the chain will keep it flush against the centre bead ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a try. I did think of it, but I sort of went in to auto-pilot mode and just followed the pattern. Obviously, my tension is different from the designer's!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I got no tatting done yesterday as I fell asleep in my chair during 'tatting time'! Your day sounds like a 'drifting' day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've been known to fall asleep with my tatting in hand. Drifting day sounds about right... I drift along, not really thinking about what I'm doing.

      Delete
  3. Those beads look like they might be a tiny bit smaller than your others. They are still pretty! :)
    Pretty bags!! :)
    Organizing again?? You put me to shame!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they might be smaller, Sue. I'll have to try Muskaan's idea of one less chain between rings to see if it's a better fit. I use the term organizing very loosely... I've had Dave drag boxes out from under beds with the intention of going through them. Now I need to force myself to do just that!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!