Saturday, July 14, 2018

Sewing and other things

Today was a sewing day. I was getting bored with my lined drawstring bags, so I cut out a dozen origami pouches. I haven't made one of those in a while. My fabric stash seems to grow by itself. I know that isn't true, but it is an indication that I don't make use of the fabric I purchase!


I played with adding chains to a basic Ice Drop yesterday. I'm not sure I like it, but it's going on the tree. Sometimes I like things better after I've seen them for a while.


I finished another Masquerade motif for my doily. I think it's going to be 5 x 5 motifs, but I may change my mind.


I finished another Beaded Bloom by Tamie Alliss. This one turned out much better. I followed Carolyn Craig's suggestion of snugging up my chains a little tighter, and it worked well.


I didn't have any more 15 mm beads, but this purple bead seemed like it would work well for Tamie's pattern. Since I have way more size 20 thread than size 10, I decided to see if I could adapt the pattern for a larger bead and smaller thread. I chose not to add seed beads to this one, because I wasn't sure now many rings would go around the bead. Now I know!


So, the pink one on the left was my first one. Although I like the colors, it looks a bit wonky. Should I snip it off and try again? I love the way the green one in the middle turned out. The one on the right is smaller despite having a larger bead. I have a few more of these beads, so I think my next one will be with the seed beads. It's fun to experiment!

9 comments:

  1. Love everything you are tatting dear. Hubby and I have finallly moved out of California and are so busy unpacking hundreds of boxes. Super busy for a while and loving our new views and surroundings...40 minutes from Zion National Park! JOYful July <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work I love the all chains color too! Your best flower came out nice I will have to redo mine I messed it up on tat days😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm kind of enjoying tatting around large beads!

      Delete
  3. Your tatting is always so pretty.....good color choices and beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beaded blooms are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the ice drop is fine. The beaded blooms are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fabulous items and colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!