Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Playing with napkins

During my mini reorganizing spree yesterday, I found a basket of cloth napkins that Mom had given me a while back. They were meant for origami pouches, so that's what I used them for.


The floral bag on the top left is not one of the napkins, but the others are. I whipped these up this morning. The nice thing about using the napkins is they're heavy weight and don't need to be lined.


I had so much fun, I made two more after lunch!


Despite spending time sorting through and organizing skeins of yarn, I found time to tat my next Masquerade motif. Only two more rows to go, and this doily will be finished... unless I decide to put a border around it. I think a border would give it a more finished look, but I'm not sure what I'd do. Any ideas?


While dinner was cooking, I started another Ice Drop. I was trying to remember what I did the other day. Of course I didn't look at what I did before, so this one turned out different. Nothing wrong with that, I guess! The thread is size 20 Lizbeth Royal Wave. The shuttle is by Sarah Ruth Wood, who I met at Tatting Corner Tat Days. She's a lovely lady, and I hope to meet her again. Sarah's shuttles are available at Tatting Corner.

I had fun today. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

13 comments:

  1. Just love those bags ....great idea to use the cloth napkins. The ice drop is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The napkins don't always line up perfectly, but it does save some time!

      Delete
  2. I wonder what you mean by your question for the border? Is there one for this doily and are you wondering what color? I need to see if I can find this daily before I give an opinion. But black would look great but I struggle on tatting with that color being's how it is so dark. Love the drop and bags too 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if I should add a border. This isn't actually shown as a doily in Tatting with Visual Patterns. There is a diagram to show how the motifs can be joined. I was just thinking that a border would finish it off nicely.

      Delete
  3. Phew, that’s a full days work. I don’t think the masquerade needs a border. The colour pattern holds it all together. Good to reduce your stash of napkins in such a successful way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion! I guess I'll have to wait until I have all 25 motifs to decide what to do. I do like the variety of colors. The napkins certainly speed up production!

      Delete
  4. You are a busy lady Diane. I agree with you, I think a border around your doily would give it a finished look. Cream would be good as can be seen by the cream coloured mat it's shown on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll have to look through my books and see if there's a pattern that would work. If not, I'll leave it be. I'm not sure I have the brain power to figure out an edging!

      Delete
  5. Pretty bags!! :)
    Your doily and Ice Drop are wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive day, as usual. I'm not sure the doily needs a border. I'm impressed at the color placement. I assume you planned it that way, with the colors forming diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did plan it that way. Now I have another color placement in mind!

      Delete
  7. Wow your mother is very organised for Christmas. Puzzled as to what a spool pin is? They make a good base for the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!