Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Back to tatting


It's been more than a week since I've tatted or blogged. Honestly, it felt good to take a break!

I did get back to tatting today, and it just had to be Doodle Ice Drops. I really like this pattern, because it is quick and easy. I don't have to think too much!

These are in Lizbeth #684, Leaf Green Medium. I do like this shade of green! The shuttle is one of my favorites from LadyShuttleMaker, Sherry Pence.

Ceramic shuttles do need a little extra care. I've broken off the tips of a couple of them when I dropped them on the floor. Luckily, I was able to fix the two that I broke! One of the things I like about my ceramic shuttles is that they make a little "tink" sound when the thread passes through the tips. I like the weight of the shuttles, and I love that I'm working with little works of art!

3 comments:

  1. Funny that the ice drops look as though they’re different shades of green. Pretty. Thanks for writing about ceramic shuttles, I have wondered how well they worked in practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glass gems make the difference. Both are frosted, one with a cat's eye center and one tinted a very light green. Before the thread was added, only a hint of color was evident!

      Delete
  2. Those green Ice Drops are fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!