Saturday, May 9, 2020

Keepin' busy

I've been having great fun going through all the goodies in my sewing room. They're being warehoused upstairs for now so that the room can be remodeled. I'm very excited... Mom is moving in with us! Dave and I are making plans for repurposing spaces in the house, and I think I'm going to be very happy with the changes we will be making!


Yes, I did manage to take time for tatting during the week. I test tatted Lynne Urwin's Ankars Away. I just love all those rings!


I also test tatted Laura Blanton's Coronavirus Button Cross Number One. This pattern was so easy to follow! Laura will be posting it on her Christmas in Tatting Facebook page. Laura is hoping to share free patterns with everyone. If you're on Facebook, why not check it out?


I tatted the red cross according to Laura's directions. The green cross has a slightly larger button, 1/2" instead of 3/8". I thought I would need to change the stitch count for the four corners around the button. I should have just left the original stitch count.


The pink cross is according to Laura's directions, except for the button size. This is another 1/2" button. So, Laura's stitch count works for both 3/8" and 1/2" buttons... good to know!

This is a super simple pattern to follow! For the green and pink crosses, I practiced frontside/backside tatting. It's not necessary, but I think it does give a cleaner look. I have lots of buttons and lots of thread!

8 comments:

  1. Fun busy, for sure 😍 I like the simple elegance of the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Ice Drop!! :)
    Fabulous crosses!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good reason to get everything ship-shape! Good that you can fit test tatting in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Mum will be happy with you when she moves in, a great reason to sort out the house,
    Those crosses are beautiful I hope I can get a copy of the pattern when its released. Lovely ice drop

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!