Saturday, May 2, 2020

Doodle Loops

I had so much I could have done today, but I chose to spend the day tatting. Yes, there's still a lot to be done in the sewing room, but I figure it will still be there tomorrow!


I started the day by finishing my test tat of Lynne Urwin's Poppy. This was great fun! Lynne decided she didn't like her first leaf pattern, and she managed to have her rewrite done in time for me to start last night. There are actually two leaves sewn on to the back of this Ice Drop, and I think it would make a beautiful brooch. Lynne will be sharing her pattern soon on the Ice Drop Addicts page on Facebook.


With several balls of thread sitting on the table by my chair, I didn't feel the urge to go looking for something different to tat. When I started this one in Grape Dk #645, I decided to try something a little different. This is my Doodle Ice Drop pattern. Instead of having picots on each point, I made loops with 8 ds. Aha! The advent of Doodle Loops!


Since I was so pleased with the results, I tatted another one in Seagreen Lt #686.


Then I tatted another in Kelly Green #713. This time I increased the loops to 10 ds. I think both sizes look good. What color should I use next?

10 comments:

  1. And Ice Drop roll happening!! You did great, and far more tatting than me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flower-with-leaves series! Perhaps they should be called Floral Drops 😃
    I like the clean lines of your mock ring drops, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, muskaan! I wish I had thought of the floral patterns, but my mind doesn't seem to work that way!

      Delete
  3. Yes, it’ll make a wonderful brooch. Love your doodle loops! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ice drops, I am loving the variation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do an ice drop!!! I’ve not yet tried one, I’m sorry to say. I keep getting distracted by other ‘stuff’!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its lovely and very beautiful, you can't go wrong with poppies😃

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!