Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Curtain call

I'm busy making curtains for daughter Carol's classroom, so I don't have much to show. I'll post pictures of them when they're finished.

Since the curtains are a priority (school starts next week), I only managed one Dorset button and one ornament. This pattern is Old Blandford - traditional. I actually made the Dorset buttons Monday night before going to bed. I had just bits of the light pink perle cotton left, and I decided to try and piece them together to finish the ornament. It wasn't worth the effort. I was short! So, I snipped off the tatting and moved on to the next color.

I spent the entire day working on the curtains, and then tatted the edging last night. I was too tired to finish the hanger, so that was my first chore this morning.

As soon as it's light out, I'll be back to the curtains!

6 comments:

  1. Curtains are always a big job! The button is interesting with its spaces, I haven’t seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some fantastic designs in the book. I think I'll be busy for a while!

      Delete
  2. Love the "buttons" and your tatting around them!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!