Sunday, August 15, 2021

Success!

 

I've had success on two fronts over the past several days. First, I finally finished the curtains for daughter Carol's classroom. There are eight panels. Each one is 75" long and 16" wide. Our plan is to go to school tomorrow to hang them, and then I will show pictures of the final product!


Do you ever struggle with reading patterns? I do! It took me three tries to get the Basketweave - traditional pattern correct. This is my first attempt, which is clearly a spiral.


My second attempt is pretty, but completely wrong!


Fortunately, Gina from Gina-B Silkworks patiently guided me through the pattern, and I finally managed to do it correctly! I've knit basketweave patterns. I've crocheted basketweave patterns. I even took a basketweaving class a couple of years ago. Now that I've followed this pattern correctly, I find it hard to believe that my past experience didn't help me understand the technique. 

Despite the amount of time it took me to complete this pattern, I am quite pleased with the end result, and I do believe I'll make this button again!


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, now you have the hang of it you’ll definitely need to make another! Well done on the curtains, that’s a huge job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curtains were a huge job, one that I throughly enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. I love both the spiral and the basketweave !!!! Something about the spiral says cosmos, galaxies, ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I hadn't thought of cosmos or galaxies, probably because of the colors I'm using. Just imagine darker colors with beads... ooh!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!