Saturday, August 7, 2021

Going through the book

 

I've started going through my new book, Dorset Ring Buttons by Gina Barrett. At the suggestion of one of the members of the Gina-B Silkworks group on Facebook, I'm making a button for my button collection as well as a button ornament for each of the patterns I try. We'll have to see how long this lasts! ;-)

This pattern is Dorset Crosswheel Variation - traditional.

This pattern is Dorset Crosswheel Variation 2 - traditional.

I'm always looking for new things that I can use, and I found these large stitch markers on Amazon. These are slimmer than the plastic curtain rings I've been using. I hope they work!

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of work ahead of you! Thanks for showing the back, I did wonder...Pretty pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the 2nd photo is the backside of the work, since the number of spokes is different from photo #1.

      Delete
    2. In a way, you are both correct! The second photo is a different pattern name, but it is actually the reverse side of the Crosswheel pattern. If I were to turn it over, you would see the spokes that you see in the first one.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Dorset buttons, I saw she had a new book out, I will try and get a copy. I am going down to Dorset next month for a week, I am going toi try and make a few with the rings I have. I have not seen those stitch makers, I must have a look on amazon,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll post pictures! I wonder if there's a button museum there?

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!