Thursday, September 23, 2021

Carollyn

I received a phone call from Richard Brown last night. His wife Carollyn suffered a massive stroke on Tuesday, and was taken off life support Wednesday afternoon. Richard asked me to gently share the information with the tatting community.

Carollyn and I followed each other's blogs for quite a few years, and we greatly admired each other's work. If you followed Carollyn's Tatting Blog, you were one of the lucky members of the tatting community. Her creativity was amazing!

Carollyn and I were able to meet in person the summer of 2018, when Lisa Adams hosted her first Tat Days event in Indiana. I'm so happy that I was able to meet Carollyn and her husband that summer. 

One of my favorite memories of Carollyn comes from after we met in person. We had been bouncing tatting ideas around and decided that it was easier to talk on the phone than to go back and forth with emails. Then we wound up playing phone tag! Carollyn accidentally reached me when I was shopping in Walmart with my daughter. We laughed, because Carollyn was also shopping in Walmart and had somehow dialed my number while trying to reach someone else. Believe me, there's nothing like shopping in Walmart while chatting about tatting with a friend!

I thought of calling Carollyn this past weekend. I was thinking about her beautiful tatting embellished keys, and realized we hadn't chatted in quite a while. I'm sorry I didn't take the opportunity to call her when I thought of her. I'm glad for the friendship we shared, and I will always remember the sparkle in her eyes, her contagious laughter, and her beautiful smile!

Enjoy tatting with the angels, Carollyn! 

Update: Richard called around 4:20 on Friday, September 24 to tell me that Carollyn had passed about a half hour before. Rest in peace, dear friend.





10 comments:

  1. Oh. I loved seeing her Lindsay Rogers doilies. She did amazing work and truly inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. Condolences to her family. Ive missed her blog lately, her work was original and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry, my heartfelt condolences to her family, she was a sweet person, I've followed her blog and missed it for the last year. I treasure the bunny shuttle she sent me and her strawberry pattern. 🙏🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a few short weeks back we were remembering her and Margaret promised to email her and we were waiting for a reply! This is indeed very sad & shocking news. She was a good friend and extremely talented. I have tons of good memories of her from our few years of common interests 💝🙏💝

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s so sad and far too young too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got a chance to meet Carollyn but I do have 3 of her bunny shuttles. She was a terrific artist. It's a sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. talented, creative artist. Awesome tatter + shuttle maker. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found out. It was shocking and so very sad to hear this. Carollyn and I corresponded for many years and I enjoyed our email correspondence very much. She will be missed by many.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!