Tuesday, December 28, 2021

First snow

 

Mom took a picture of our first snow of the season. It's a few days too late for Christmas, but I love it anyway!

It didn't actually start snowing until around 10 a.m., but the anticipation of snow kept me in the kitchen for the first few hours of the day. I wanted to make a fresh batch of biscotti to take to my sister-in-law's on Thursday, so I started on that first thing. Next, I put together three cheese and pepper bread for dinner. I love making no-knead bread, and it was just what we needed to go with what I had planned for the evening... a nice big pot of butternut squash soup! I'm glad Dave was home to help me cut up the butternut squash. I'm finding it harder to cut through a fresh squash. There must be an easier way.

Crafting had to wait until after lunch, and I only managed to make one Dorset button ornament. The ornaments I'm working on now will not have tatted hangers. They're for a project I'd like to start on. Unfortunately, all of the supplies won't be here until mid-January. The only hint that I will give you is that I've been inspired by one of my tatting friends!

I did work on my tatted collar a little bit before dinner. I only managed about half a pattern repeat. Still, progress is progress!

6 comments:

  1. The Dorset button is so delicate! Love the sound of your kitchen endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of the DMC Diamant. I wish it didn't fray so easily.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this yet, but I've read that you can put the whole butternut squash in the microwave for 1 minute and it will be much easier to cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outer design on your Dorset button!!! :)
    Progress is good!!! ;)
    I was enjoying the snow here too, just wish there was more and that it would stick around. They are saying Saturday and Sunday we should have more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is gone already. They're predicting rain for us over the weekend.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!