Monday, April 10, 2023

Beautiful weekend

We had a beautiful weekend, and Easter Sunday was glorious... the perfect day for spending time with family!

It was also a weekend filled with cleaning and crafting. There's something about beautiful spring days the give me the energy to spruce up the house.

Of course I allowed myself lots of reward time for crafting!

Rigo asked if I could make something for his six month old sister. He liked the idea of a snuggle blanket, so I crocheted one in waffle stitch, using up pinks and yellow from hats I made for the high school girls.

Tonya really liked this Sweet Dijon color from I Love This Yarn. I've moved on from hats, so it took me several days to complete this one. Tonya has admired the hats from the beginning, but has been hesitant to ask for one. I think she just hadn't seen a color that appealed to her until now.

I still have a lot of leftover yarn from the hats, so I've started working up circle in a square grannies. They're really quite easy to make, and I can crochet one in about a half hour. They're about 5 1/2", so this will be a blanket that works up quickly.


I'm back on track with button ornaments. I have all I need for next Christmas, but I want to have plenty of extras on hand to give away!

There's a surprise in the works for our high school secretary, Jennifer. I won't post progress pictures, just in case she happens to read my blog. She knows what I'm making, but the color and pattern will be a surprise. So, you'll just have to wait until it's finished and given to her. 

This week is supposed to be beautiful, which means lots of time in the sunshine!


7 comments:

  1. That blanket will be lovely from the wool you used for the hats, good idea and way of using it up, Lovely tatted ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the circle in a square. Waffle stitch is still on my to do list. Makes a lovely snuggle blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the circle in a square, but waffle stitch remains my favorite!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Tons of things!! I love that little blanket!! Such beautiful colors!!! :)
    And everything else looks terrific!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!