Sunday, April 30, 2023

Such a slacker!

Yes, when it comes to blogging, I have become a slacker. I guess that's because I'm enjoying reading and crafting. Anything to do with computers has taken a back seat.

I finished Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield this week. It was pretty good, not as good as her first, The Thirteenth Tale, but better than her second, Once Upon a River... in my opinion!

My circle in a square adventure continues.

I saw a book on Amazon that called this pattern the umbrella granny square.

I guess it looks like the top of an open umbrella, but circle in a square works fine for me.

I finished Jennifer's scarf while subbing on Friday. I found the crochet linen stitch very relaxing, but I did have to watch my stitch count.

During yesterday's Tollway Tatters meeting, I finished the brown button ornament and started the cream button ornament. Both were finished and hanging on the tree by mid-afternoon.

A couple of weeks ago, I started the brown Glenway Hills Cowl by Jaala Spiro. I put too much twist in the brown one, so it doesn't look at all like the original. The yarn is Milkshake Sport, Peanut Butter Shake, from Bare Naked Wools by KnitSpot. Unfortunately, the yarn has sold out. It was wonderful to knit with.

I wanted to see the pattern more easily, so I decided to knit the cowl in I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. Since it's a worsted weight, it came out slightly larger, which is fine for me. I didn't add any twist this time. I added one row to each border, and I reduced the number of seed stitch rows. I can see that I still need to work on my tension, which was quite a bit looser by the time I reached the bind off edge. I did not use the suggested bind off, which I now think was a mistake.

Luckily for me, the people I give my knit and crochet pieces to don't see the mistakes that I see!

 

3 comments:

  1. Certainly not a slacker when it comes to crafting! Yeah, I think umbrella square doesn’t really do it. Is it meant to be a möbius cowl? Tricky to get the right amount of twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Lots done again!! :) Everything looks great and I think your green cowl looks quite elegant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the twist in the brown cowl!! I enjoy reading your posts! I can understand how crafting and reading takes precedence!! I'm also a friend of the Mad Tatter! I'll see her Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!