Wednesday, August 2, 2023

After a long break

I know it's been more than three months since I last posted, but I needed a break from blogging. 

We've been very busy. Our granddaughter Lily graduated from high school, and we traveled to Minnesota to celebrate with her. Our youngest daughter Joanne and her family moved from Minnesota to Georgia. So, a couple of weeks after traveling to Minnesota, we went the opposite direction to see Joanne's new home in Georgia. 

Carol and Jon will be celebrating their first anniversary this weekend, and we decided it would be a good time to revive what used to be a yearly family cookout. That inspired me to finally get the upstairs organized. At long last, it looks like we have two guest rooms upstairs with a little bit of crafting supplies in sight. For years it has looked like a craft store exploded upstairs, and we'd just clear off the beds when family came to visit.

Now that I have my crafting supplies down to a more manageable size, I feel like I can get back into a routine.

I have been tatting, knitting, and crocheting, and I've finished quite a few projects, but I'm not going to try and play catch up with three months worth of projects. Instead, I will start fresh.

Today I received a gift of shuttles from a dear tatting friend in India, Madhur Dadlani. Aren't they beautiful? The light colored ones are steam beech wood, and the darker ones are sheesham or Indian rosewood. 

While chatting with Madhur Dadlani online, I wound one of the shuttles with size 20 Lizbeth #167 Jungle Greens. I'm thinking of tatting bookmarks for the kids at school this year, and now seems like as good a time as ever to get started!

 

11 comments:

  1. You are going to need a room just for all your shuttles. ;) Those look great!! :)
    It will be wonderful to see your tatting again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🙂 looking forward to seeing your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you posting again. Beautiful shuttles, I look forward to seeing what they create in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you’d got to!! I continue blogging just because I don’t like the way things get ‘lost’ on Facebook. It also keeps me ‘on track’ with the projects I’ve got ‘on the go’!!!! So good to see you back but would love to see what you’ve been up to. Love the shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you posting again. Wonderful that there were good reasons to be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Glad to see you're posting again.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish you had let me know you were coming to Georgia - maybe we could have gotten together! Let me know next time you come down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ben ritrovata! A volte capita di non poter essere presenti sul blog come si vorrebbe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo good to hear from you again! Really miss you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and congratulations on all the family events!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!