Saturday, August 26, 2023

Ready, set, piece!

 


I spent yesterday cutting out fabric for my next quilt top, Checkered Brick. The fabric is Heather Bailey's Freshcut from 2006. Daughter Alison and I fell in love with this fabric collection way back then, and we each ordered the fat quarter pack. 

I have enough pieces cut for a queen size quilt, but I think I'm going to go ahead and cut up the remaining fat quarters so that I can truly mix it up. If I counted correctly, I have enough fat quarters for a queen size quilt and a throw. My goal is to have at least one quilt top ready for quilting by the time my finished quilts are ready to be picked up. I think I can do that!

We have Tollway Tatters this morning. I have to decide if I want to work on more button ornaments or a bookmark. Decisions, decisions!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like splendid fabric, I look forward to seeing the top put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatvever you decide to do, it's still going to be a fun time crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non vedo l'ora di vedere la prossima trapunta, l'anteprima promette bene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like seeing the quilt tops and finished quilts!! :)
    And, your bookmark turned out fabulous as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!