Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Adventure

Dave and I are not very adventurous. Every once in a while we get together with his sister and her husband and go to a fabulous restaurant. Karen and Larry know how to choose the best places. Last night we went to Rosebud Steakhouse in Munster, Indiana. 

I didn't take pictures of everyone else's meals, but I did take pictures of mine! This is Buratta Salad. After tasting that fresh mozzarella, I don't think I'll ever be able to eat a mozzarella cheese stick from the grocery store again.

For the main course, I chose Rigatoni Vodka, which I had never heard of before. Oh, my goodness! It was so good!

Karen and Larry insisted that we get dessert. I chose Butter Cake with Caramel Gelato. It was heavenly. No, I did not eat all of it. I have enough leftovers for two more meals, and I know I will savor every bite.

When we arrived home, we were both too full and sleepy to do anything. So, I waited until this morning to finish round 5 of Renulek's Spring Doily 2024. I forgot to post the yellow thread. It's size 20 Lizbeth #170 Pineapple Parfait. For round 5 I used size 20 Lizbeth #679 Lime Green.

I have my shuttles wound for round 6, but I don't expect to get much tatting done today. I have a routine doctor appointment this morning, then my longer day at school. Daughter Carol asked if I could do some alterations to costumes for the musical Catch Me If You Can, which is in a week and a half. So, I'll be heading off to play practice to check out costumes. I'll bring them home with me, and hopefully get the alterations done in time for Wednesday's practice. It will be a busy day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you’re using for the doily. I’m a great fan of ‘non variagated’ threads but the use of the yellow one actually makes the plain ones even better. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food and family time is always a blessing!! :)
    Your doily is outstanding already!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!