Sunday, February 25, 2024

Busy weekend

We had a very busy weekend. I managed to pop in for the Tollway Tatters for a few minutes on Saturday. We had people coming over to pick up some furniture that we no longer needed. Also, my sister was down visiting for the weekend, and we had bejeweled trees to make!

I managed to finish four trees for grandchildren. I only have two left to finish for Christmas presents. After that, I will be doing them just for fun. Janet is working on a black and gold tree for a friend. Today was especially fun, because Janet's daughter-in-law and granddaughter came down to work on tress with us. 

Renulek's Spring Doily 2024 is coming along nicely. Round 4 took quite a bit of time, and I made a couple of big mistakes that took me a while to fix. On the next to the last motif I decided that I had the pattern memorized, so I tatted without referring to the pattern. That was not a good idea. Rather than take the time to retro-tat the whole motif, I cut it out and started it again. I was ready to tat the last motif when I noticed that I had joined a chain to the wrong ring. Luckily, that didn't take long to fix.

On to the next round!

3 comments:

  1. Those four rounds make a great motif on their own, especially in your colours. Fun to work on trees with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m tempted to start the Renulek doily now I’ve seen yours, Diane!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!