Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Keepin' busy

Daughter Alison was down to visit this weekend, and she asked if I would teach her to crochet little beanbags. After a little bit of research, I found a pattern for a crocheted chicken. The body was perfect for what Alison wanted. However, my understanding of the pattern was imperfect. I ended up with a whale tail.

I reread the directions and came up with the pyramid shape that Alison was looking for. I forgot to take pictures of all that I made. They're quick and easy. I filled some with dried beans and some with pony beads. I like the idea of the pony beads so that the beanbags can be tossed in the washing machine. The sound and the feel of the beans is more relaxing, so I'll probably make her some more of each.

Why beanbags? Alison is doing post-grad work in counseling, and she will use them as fidget toys when working with clients. 

I know the kids at school would love these, but I also know that they would be tossing them in the air or throwing them at each other. I think I'll refrain from passing these out at school!

Sunday was a cranking day. I cranked out bodies and hats for 15 gnomes. My goal is to have all 15 gnomes put together this week.

Test tatting is going well. I'm getting pretty good at those split rings, probably because there's only one on each round!

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you are getting comfortable doing spilt rings - I remember how much you used to avoid them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beanbag reminded me of the time I made beanbag 'balls' for my niece who has autism. They were squarish, not spherical, in order to help her with her coordination and she loved and played with them.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!