It's true. I checked my blog. It has taken me eight weeks to successfully tat Robin Perfetti's Criss Cross pattern from Four Dozen Tatted Bookmarks.
Now that I have completed it, I can't believe it took me so long. The problem? I was looking at the wrong spot on the diagram, so I didn't realize that when I reached the bottom portion of the bookmark I should have had one more pattern repeat on the second side than I had on the first side.
When did I come to this realization? It was right before I headed off to bed Tuesday evening. Of course, it took me all day Wednesday to un-tat my precious hand-dyed thread (size 20m Hakelgarn, Buttercup, from LadyShuttleMaker). I was able to finish the bookmark in about an hour this morning.
Yes, I have made myself a note so that when I tat this beautiful pattern again, I will not have the same problem!
I can now move on to the next bookmark!

Oh wow, it's well worth the effort! Beautiful. And now you know.
ReplyDeleteThat pattern does look tricky! Congrats on finishing it!
ReplyDelete