Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Mission accomplished!

Stefani and I were able to finish getting the elementary library books in order yesterday. What a feeling of accomplishment! Now I can get back to my "normal" retirement routine.


Angela came over Saturday morning and put together the second storage unit for me. Sunday afternoon, I spent time going through a couple of boxes of supplies, deciding which to keep and which were no longer needed. The two little storage cabinets are coming in quite handy.


There was no school on Monday because of Labor Day, so I really expected to get a lot done. I did not. Angela came over for a sewing lesson, which was lots of fun. Moving things around to make room for the new storage cabinets inspired me to stop looking at half finished projects and start working on them. 

Last year, I really enjoyed making knit Christmas ornaments on my 22 pin circular knitting machine. I have quite a bit of Christmas colored yarn in my stash, as well as the 3 1/2" ornaments that I bought on clearance. 

Monday afternoon I rewatched the YouTube video on how to make these ornaments, and then I made it my goal to use up what was left of the green yarn. That, of course, led to using up the little bit of red and the little bit of multi-color. The result was ten ornaments finished for Christmas gift giving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like you, I love getting feedback!