Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear Jane (part 2)...

As promised, the Tollway Tatters plunged into the problem of making the larger doodad work with my triangular pattern. We were a small group today, only four of us, but thanks to Sue Anna, we found success!


Sue Anna suggested changing the thread size from 20 to 10, and it worked! The inner rings are 7 - 5 + 5 - 7. I did change the stitch count on the chains, although I think the original stitch count for the long chains worked better. On this one, the long chain is 4 - 3 - 3 - 4. The stitch count on the short chains is 9 before and after the small ring.


Barbara was busy working on a bell pattern, and she was very pleased with herself because she managed to tat more today than at any other Tollway Tatters meeting. Go, Barbara!


Carol was working on a Myra Piper motif in size 40. She was inspired by one that was a gift to her in size 20... very pretty, but too large for her mom's tree. She was using Lizbeth Blue Ice, one of my favorite colors!


I took a close-up of Sue Anna, but it turned out blurry. Here she's busy taking a picture of us, even though it looks as if she's singing Christmas carols. ;-)


So, here's a picture of the Triangular Doodad Snow Crystal in size 10 Lizbeth, all cleaned up and ready for the tree! Sue Anna promised to send me a picture of hers when she finishes it.

So, what do you think, Jane? Will you be trying it in size 10? It's awful pretty!

Hugs, Diane

P.S. ~ It's 4" tall!

5 comments:

  1. I think the crystal looks lovely and the final one in a gorgeous colours well done to all the tatters at your meeting looks like you had a good day tatting together.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, why didn't I think of that?? That's the joy of working with others, you come up with all sort of ways of doing things. Looks great, and I think using the size 10 thread helps to keep the proportions correct. I have a rainbow size 10 which will work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all had a really great time!! Wish we could have joined you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snowflake and I'll make it to a Tollway Tatters meeting one of these days!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!