Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dear Jane...

I couldn't wait until the weekend to try and figure out a solution for tatting the Triangular Doodad Snow Crystal using a larger doodad, so here's my initial attempt...


Don't look too closely. It's really not very good. I only changed the inner rings: 7 - 5 + 5 - 7. You can see that some of the rings are really stretched. The chains are really stretched too. I managed to get it to lie fairly flat by using a little steam. I've tried some other stitch counts, but have quickly snipped off the ring and started over.

I think I may take this with me to Tollway Tatters on Saturday. Maybe we can figure something out together. When I/we figure something out, I'll be sure to post the solution!

Because people have been asking...

thread ~ size 20 Lizbeth, Boysenberry Dk #644
doodad ~ from Hobby Lobby (thanks Sue and Carol!)
S hook ~ www.wirestormcreations.com 

6 comments:

  1. This is actually very pretty, and it will take only a minor tweak to fix. The larger, round doodad seems to suite it better than the others. Nice one, Diane!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just fine to me! A very interesting design and looks great with the 'larger' doodad. You certainly have done a lot of tatting! Have fun at the Tollway Tatters 'meeting'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! a bunch of these put together would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give it a go! Using my doodad of this size. I did consider tweaking the ring size originally, but decided it would be better to keep your pattern and make a smaller middle. But I like the effect you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Fox it's not going to take very much to teak it. Lovely pattern for a snow icicle
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so interesting to look at with the circle and triangle ish design.

    How cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!