Monday, December 31, 2012

Ending the year on a positive note!

I finished tatting Doodad Snowflake #1 in Snow White last night...


placed it on the tree this morning...


and then started a Triangular Doodad Snow Crystal!


I do like this color, Lizbeth Snow White #601.


I'm thinking of keeping this little tree up for the month of January so that I can fill it with beautiful snowflakes!

We did get a dusting of snow today, but not enough to make me think it's winter in the midwest!

I had to go to the post office to pick up the mail that collected while we were away, and I was thrilled to see what arrived in my absence!


The shuttle on the left is one that I purchased from eBay. The back says Christmas 2012. Can you guess who made the bobbin shuttle? If you guessed La Cossette, you're correct! She also sent me the beautiful blue snowflake... lucky me!


I re-subscribed to Ring of Tatters, something I had neglected to do for a couple of years. I decided to treat myself to three new books.


What's really great is that the patterns in each book are different!


Now that I'm all set with patterns and shuttles, I guess I'm ready for the new year to begin!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Here's to more Happy Tatting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year's...have fun with the patterns, have been enjoying your doodad flake patterns...have done the 1st 4, the 5th is on the shuttles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodies galore...you must have been a VERY good girl :-) Wonderful snowflakes, shuttles, and books! Hope you have a terrific 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely surprises, And beautiful ice crystal and snowflake. After all my hard work vernon took the tree to the dump, we have not put it up for several years and its been decorating the loft. I hope you enjoy your new books I look forward to seeing new things this year.
    I wish you and your family a very happy new year, hopefully 2013 will be an improvement on last year.
    Thank you for the lovely comments you have left on my blog
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!