Friday, December 14, 2012

The Accidental Crystal


Snow Crystal, that is. I was tatting and chatting on the phone with Denise... a recipe for tatting mistakes... we have too much fun talking about what is going on in our lives and laughing at some of the things that happen to us. But I digress...

I was tatting my Doodad Snowflake #3 while we were talking, and I realized that I had reversed my work and tatted a ring to the doodad instead of switching shuttles and tatting an outer ring. It's kind of difficult to untat a ring while holding a phone between ear and shoulder, so I decided that my mistake was really a new design element, and I tatted on!

Not too bad for a mistake... or should I say new design?

Thread ~ size 20 HDT, Country Christmas by LadyShuttleMaker
Doodad ~ stock #H20 9117FY from Fire Mountain Gems
S hook ~ www.wirestormcreations.com

6 comments:

  1. Indeed you do have another design! Pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Retains the triangle idea, but is a variation.Hooray for being distracted on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern, it's looks so lovely, make a nice snowflake
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te ha quedado mu bien a pesar de cambiar el diseño y el colorido es precioso.Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!