Sunday, December 9, 2012

Triangular Doodad Snow Crystal with pattern

Allison said it counted for the snowflake challenge. 


Denise reminded me that I had hand-dyed thread from Sherry Pence called Country Christmas.


Jane requested the pattern.


Now, if I could only figure out how to take a picture that shows the beauty of the ornament on the tree!

Here's the pattern for Jane, and anyone else who might be interested...


Supplies needed: 
2 shuttles
size 20 or 40 thread
doodad center with 6 holes (technically called finding, component, or link)

Wind thread CTM on two shuttles.

*Ring 1: 4 - 4 + 4 - 4 (join to hole on doodad), reverse work.

Chain 1: 3 - 3 - 3 - 3, switch shuttles.

Ring 2: 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 (5 picots), switch shuttles.

Chain 2: 3 - 3 - 3 - 3, reverse work.

Ring 3: 4 + 4 + 4 - 4 (join to last picot of 1st ring and to next hole in doodad), reverse work.

Chain 3: 6 ds, switch shuttles.

Ring 4: 3 - 3 - 3 - 3, switch shuttles.

Chain : 6 ds, reverse work.

Repeat from * three times. Remember to join last ring on doodad to first picot on first ring on doodad.

4 comments:

  1. thx for sharing the pattern - it is very festive on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I'll give it a go. I do like the multicolour one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pattern, one I don't have to think up!!
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little crystal snowflake, ty for sharing the pattern, I am going to make some!

    I also really like this pattern in this color :) ty~

    Bri.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!