Saturday, November 21, 2015

First snow!

We had our first snowfall of the year, and it wasn't just flurries... it was measurable!


I really can't remember the last time we had measurable snow before Thanksgiving.


We had at least 3" by mid-morning, but a lot of it melted as the day warmed up.


I decided to celebrate the snow day by putting on my pointy toe socks. I knit these years ago. They keep my feet nice and warm, but I really dislike the pointed toe. I'm pretty sure I threw away the pattern after seeing how they turned out.


It was nice to have some time to tat after a very busy week. I've now managed to tat around four motifs. I'm hoping that I'll have time to finish this round with the long Thanksgiving weekend coming up.


I finished my Murley scarf from Sequence Knitting today. The yarn is Seablue Tweed, I Love This Yarn, from Hobby Lobby. It's so soft!


I also finished weaving another scarf. This one is slightly shorter than the last at 108". It's still a little too long for my liking, so I'll experiment with a slightly shorter length for my next one. This is another color way from I Love This Yarn, Autumn Stripe.

I have quite a collection of scarves now!

9 comments:

  1. We got plenty of snow too and it's still falling at 11:22pm here. :)
    You sure got a lot accomplished!!! Everything looks great!! :)
    I didn't get any tatting accomplished, but plenty of family time and Thanksgiving dinner prep.(7 pumpkin pies, 1 blackberry cobbler, and at 2am in go 2 turkeys to be ready by 7am)for 2 church groups for tomorrow...so I guess I didn't do too bad. Have a wonderful Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! The “S” word! I suppose it was bound to happen... Funny socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a few flurries on and off the past few weeks with more expected Monday. Those socks sure are pointy, do they stay that way after washing and wearing? Seablue scarf a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lead photos are picture-perfect ! Good enough for a picture postcard or greeting card :-)
    I always enjoy your creativity but couldn't repress a broad smile at those pointed toes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a speck here! I'm happy to enjoy it vicariously though. The color way on your socks is quite fun! Makes me want to knit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks look warm. Your lucky we got 6.7 inch. this year .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you need to just go for it, and sew a puffy red ball to the toe of the socks, cause they kind of look like elf socks! :) Your tatting is going along really well. And other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reports were that Chicago got 11 inches, so I'm glad you were on the lower end of that!

    The pointy socks are very pretty and have a kind of 'charm' to them :-), and they do keep you warm! .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything you have shared here and especially your "pointy-toed socks". You could easily be one of Santa's elves who is taking a much needed break from all the toy/gift making. lol Thanksgiving Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!