Sunday, November 22, 2015

I'm flattered!


My nephew's wife hung a group of my tatted pieces and my sister sent a picture. Yvette even included a discarded piece, the blue on the right. I believe that's an Iris Niebach design that I messed up. Needless to say, I am extremely flattered to see my tatting on display!


Two of the teachers at school asked me to make scarves for their daughters. This one is a combination of single crochet and double crochet.


This one is done all in half double crochet.


Both are made with I Love This Yarn, Surprise Stripe. I think the single/double crochet scarf has a crisper look to it. I haven enough yarn to make one more scarf, then I'll weave matching bags for the girls. Once I have everything finished, I'll take them in to school. I hope the girls like them!

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it cool that we have an art form where even our mistakes are pretty? It always feels good when somebody appreciates your creativity and likes it enough to display it. And hey, a display that includes both blue and a Spinning Wheel Glass Mat? Must be Diane's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a real artise when some one steals or frames your work! And I started a scarf yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the display !!! And I couldn't have said it better than Carollyn :-) The blue piece actually looks like a little bi-plane !
    I agree about the dc/sc scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tatting looks great framed like that. Good idea, we should do more of it. The girls will love the scarves. I like the surprise stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet to have someone love your tatting that much!!! :)
    Great scarves!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your framed tatted pieces make for lovely wall decorations. I have 2 of my grandmothers hardanger doilies framed that I see daily that I just love.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!