Thursday, October 5, 2017

Mom loves red


Yesterday I posted a picture of a gold pendant that I made for Mom at her request. However, her favorite color is red, so today I tatted a red pendant. The glass gem looks blue in this picture, but it's actually clear. The camera must have picked up a reflection of the blue shirt I was wearing today.

This thread is DMC Diamant, which I purchased from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I think it's slightly thicker than the Rexana, and it's very nice to work with. I am finding that I need to tat more slowly with the metallic threads in order to keep my stitches even. I don't mind. Tatting is supposed to be fun and relaxing. It's not a race!

5 comments:

  1. It is lovely and Your advice is always expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful red pendant!!! :)
    Yep, I can see your shirt in the reflection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful but I’m so surprised that you would be wearing a blue shirt....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like red metallic. Presumably the stitches don't slide along as easily with metallic thread?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love tge red thread, another gorgeous ice drop

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!