Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that another new year is here. Have you made any resolutions? I haven't. It seems that when I do make a resolution, I find myself failing within a few days. So why put that kind of pressure on myself?

I've read that the way you spend New Year's Day sets the tone for the upcoming year. I guess that means I'm destined to read, craft, and have a not quite perfect house. I can live with that!


I did spend some time on the doily today, but I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I thought I would. 


I started the day by crocheting a spiral scrubbie. I thought they might make good Christmas gifts for next year. However, after using this one in the shower this morning, I decided that I'd rather make dishcloths. 


There was enough yarn left to crochet this dishcloth, but it feels kind of stiff. So, I think I'll go back to my favorite knit dishcloth pattern. 


I started weaving another scarf today. I just can't help myself. They're so much fun to make!


Oh, there's one more thing... I wound my shuttles and found a button for Jane's TIAS. I guess I'll have to brush up on my split rings!






4 comments:

  1. You got more tatting done than I have in quite some time!! :) And it looks wonderful too!!! :)
    Lots of neat things to see! I like the look of your scrunchie thing, and the dishcloth is beautiful!! :) And I know that scarf will be too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You work looks great and the weaving look like it is getting finer (smaller) too! great hope for us all in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to start the year - and continue in the same vein:-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the look of it you have a lot of crafts on the go at the same time and yes a great way to start a New Year! The doily is very pretty and just love the weaving

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!