Monday, November 12, 2018

Peacock snowflake


Instead of trying to tweak the snowflake design I worked on last week, I decided to just work with the basic bottle cap design and alternate what I did with the chains. This is basically the first round of Shelley Perreault's Peacock Coins pattern. I've changed the stitch count to work with the flattened bottle caps. The rings are 5-4-5, and the chains are 5-5. For this one I alternated placing a bead in place of a picot and having three graduated picots instead of one. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I think I will try it again.


My waffle stitch afghan is coming along nicely. It's now 20" long, and I've just started on my third ball of Lion Brand Mandala, Genie. Will I reach my goal of finishing this by Thanksgiving? Only time will tell!

3 comments:

  1. Great Pop Top Drop! :)
    Wonderful looking afghan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the alternating chains, good thinking! Good luck, hope you reach your target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Ice Drop. I like the alternating chains too :)
    Fingers crossed, I hope you can finish your afghan in time.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!