Saturday, November 24, 2018

Slacker?

I know I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging, but it's simply because I've been too busy!


I reached my goal of finishing Eva's afghan by Thanksgiving! I finished it up Wednesday night... one more afghan to go!

There was no school on Wednesday, so I had plenty of time to go grocery shopping and finish getting the house ready for family. Daughter Andrea and family arrived late Wednesday night. Carol and Jon were here late Thursday morning. Alison and family came early afternoon, and Karen and Larry arrived soon after.

Of course, we had way too much food! Granddaughter Ella took before and after pictures of the feast, but I forgot to have her share them with me before the family headed home. After cleaning up, we pulled out our favorite family game, Mexican Train. Grandson Aidan took over for me, so that I could go to bed at 9. Yes, I was the party pooper... I have a really difficult time staying up past 9! The kids stayed up until 11 to finish the game, and I learned in the morning that Aidan and I had won!

The feasting continued on Friday. Everyone who could (Aidan is allergic to eggs), enjoyed scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, and fruit salad. For lunch... leftovers!

Andrea and family left for their next destination in the early afternoon. Alison and family were able to stay until early evening.

Dave and I had some more leftovers for dinner, and then we started decorating for Christmas. The holiday season has officially begun!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous afghan!! :)
    Sounds like wonderful family time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Family time is the best time!

      Delete
  2. What a great time with family, I'd never call you a slacker as you are one of the most prolific bloggers I know. Plus we all need a break now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to take a break. The only problem is, when I take a break I get out of the habit... then I get forgetful!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!