Thursday, June 20, 2019

Just like Mom


Mom needed a carry-along project for when she volunteers answering phones, and she found this simple triangle shawl pattern on YouTube. Joanne and I liked the pattern so much, we decided to join in the fun!


Joanne is using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran that she found at a new yarn shop near us, Top Notch Knots & Pots. It's a bulky yarn that is working up very quickly!


I'm using Lalables yarn that I found through a Facebook ad when Joanne was visiting in April. This yarn is three separate strands, reminding me of Jane Eborall's hand-wound threads. I do like the yarn, but it took over a month to arrive. Luckily, I am not yarn deprived!


Joanne's twins resisted sleep after having so much fun with my sister's grandkids. When they did finally collapse, they took a good, long nap!


Daughter Carol's travel group is in London! I believe this is Trafalgar Square. Carol said they had about an hour of rain, and that the rest of the day was beautiful.


It's been a long time since we've had a Soup Club meeting. Here we are, three retired teachers enjoying the afternoon. We miss our friend Peggy, who passed away in December.

Peggy and I pursued our Master's Degrees together after seeing what our friend Edna (on the right) was able to accomplish. We would meet on Saturdays and take our lunch break at our little local restaurant, which serves the most delicious soups. After finishing our degrees, Edna, Peggy, and I decided to take some more classes together, and the Soup Club was born.

It didn't take long for us to ask Judy to join us. We typically would get together for Peggy's birthday in April, Judy's and my birthdays in June, Edna's birthday in September, and at Christmas time. If it worked out, we would meet other times as well.

We chose the Northwoods Saloon for our lunch yesterday, and then we took a little field trip to the Monee Reservoir. Judy and I had never been there before, even though it's only about a half hour away. I didn't even know it existed! We took a short walk there, and Edna and Judy investigated kayaking lessons. I will not join them in kayaking. I do not like water sports of any kind! It took me four tries to pass beginner swimming lessons, and I nearly drowned in high school. We agreed that I will sit on shore and call 911 if Judy and Edna tip over!

10 comments:

  1. Nothing like sleeping kids I got lots of those types of pictures. Love the crochet work and wow a trip to London how exciting 💐🦋💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s always a place for the friend who sits on the shore ready to dial 911!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad there's a way for me to be included that doesn't involve getting too close to the water!

      Delete
  3. So super busy and yet so very productive!! :)
    Love the looks of the new projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I let myself get pulled in too many directions, but I have fun!

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful how long this friendship has lasted! I would never trust a kayak, either! That incident you had when taking swimming lessons sounds very scary!
    I never could dive into a pool and never swam in the deep end. I always stayed where I could feel the bottom of the pool under my feet.

    So glad Carol is enjoying her trip. I've always wanted to visit England!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes that is Trafalgar Square which is in the middle of London, Hope she enjoys her visit the weather at the moment is crap.
    Lovely shawls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They spent three days in London, three in Paris, and now they're on their way to Florence. After Florence, they'll head to Rome. It's hard to believe they'll be home this coming Thursday!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!