Monday, June 3, 2019

Yesterday

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! The sun was shining. The temperature was perfect. There was a gentle breeze. Dave worked outside planting vegetables, mowing grass, taking care of chicks and ducks, while I sat in the shade watching him. It was just what the doctor ordered!


I enjoyed a little knitting, browsing through books, and tatting. I just love this beautiful hand-dyed thread, Lake Effect, from Marilee Rockley. Certain color combinations make me unbelievable happy, and this is one of them! The shuttle is another beauty from Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy. Etsy is a very dangerous place for me to visit. Too often I find something I must have!


I'm in the mood to tat a square mat. I love a little square mat. So, I'm going through my Mary Konior patterns and tatting some up so that I can decide which pattern I want to use. I'm tempted to do one in hand-dyed thread, but I also have a strong desire to tat one in a dark blue. This pattern is Masquerade from Tatting with Visual Patterns.

Practicing the patterns in light pink is easier on my eyes, with the added bonus of using up what's left on a ball of thread. I don't think I have enough of this pink left to tat all of the patterns I plan on trying, but time will tell!

4 comments:

  1. Very lovely work and shuttles I had forgotten how pretty your mat pattern was and I too love Marlies thread she is such a perfectionist 💕🌹💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lovely day. I like masquerade, I worked it in red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you yesterday!! I got totally soaked as I went out in just a t-shirt and pants!!!! I love pink and I like that little square too. Must get my MK books out again one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Ice Drop!!! :)
    Great motif!!! :)
    And wonderful shuttles!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!