Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Rolling in Clover

I do love my Clover shuttles! They're the style I learned with, and any time I use one I feel like I've reconnected with a long lost friend.


I'm still trying to decide on a square pattern for the doily I'd like to make. This is Patchwork from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I think I'm going to tat this one again with two shuttles. I think it will look nicer, and I need to pay closer attention to my rings so that the center doesn't look wonky.


I'm still tatting with Marilee Rockley's Lake Effect hand-dyed thread. I didn't put a ribbon on this Doodle Ice Drop variation, because I'm thinking of turning it into a pendant. I really like the way this one turned out!


This is the Anniversary Motif from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I don't think this one will be suitable for the doily I have in mind. The center is too open. I'm not sure if it's my tatting or my blocking, but my center opening is more square, and the one pictured in the book is round. I'm not going to worry about it, because I really don't think this is a contender for my doily. However, I do think it would make a nice picture frame!

6 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drop and motifs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see your experiments. Yes, with chains going this way and that way, I think two shuttles are needed for a tidy patchwork. The ice drop thread really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also could have used the shoelace trick, but I didn't!

      Delete
  3. Wow, to everything, the pendent is very nice, lovely pattern and I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluff City TatterJune 5, 2019 at 1:18 PM

    I think that Ice Drop would make a gorgeous pendant. You could make some beautiful matching earrings to go with it. I love Mary Konior's patterns. I'm doing two right now. Her simple but elegant leaf braid and her really beautiful posy pattern. There's something about her patterns that are very different from traditional ones.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!