Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Staying busy

Where does the time go? Daughter Joanne has already been here a week, and it feels like the time is just zipping by!

Yesterday was filled with little chores, a little shopping, and a little bit of organizing before my sister Janet came down for another visit with her grandchildren. The kids all get along so great, and it's fun watching them play off of each other's imaginations!

Today we chose to relax.


The only thing I had to do today was go to school to see off daughter Carol and her group of students and adults. Today was the start of a ten day trip to Europe... London, Paris, Florence, and Rome. Carol took this same trip ten years ago, and she was very excited to be able to plan the trip for her students. Their flight left at 4 this afternoon (Central Time), and they will arrive in London about 9 a.m. tomorrow. It will be fun to follow their adventures as pictures are posted in the group page that Carol has set up. Keeping in touch through the Internet just wasn't the same ten years ago!


While the kids enjoyed playing outside in the beautiful weather, Janet, Joanne, and I relaxed, talked, and worked on crafts. Well, Joanne and I worked on crafts. Janet sews beautifully, but her favorite hobby is gardening. I'm in need of some new dishcloths, and I decided to use a new-to-me yarn, Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie. It's knits up very nicely!


I also worked on an afghan I plan on donating to our local Mean Green Goes Pink night to benefit the Beverly K. Roberts Foundation. The Mud Cloth Inspired Throw is a free pattern at redheart.com. I'm using the recommend yarn, just not the colors used in the original. I'm enjoying crocheting it, but I'm not very good at working on it while talking. I gave up after ripping out three different rows because of mistakes!

Janet headed home about an hour ago. Joanne and the kids are off to bed. All were very tired after a day of playing outdoors. Dave and I are just sitting here enjoying the sounds of the birds while the sun goes down. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

6 comments:

  1. Love the glimpse into your busy and crafty family life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes our lives seem so mundane, but when I blog about what we're doing, I feel like my life is full!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour wool you are using for the dishcloth, seems to good to be use for washing up. It would make a lovely mat to go under a vase.
    Do you and Dave ever go off on holiday alone, or do the family go with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very nice worsted weight cotton, and I've used nothing but hand-knit dishcloths for years! They're kind of a family tradition. I have given them as gifts and seen them used as doilies, so many of my friends feel the same as you do!

      Every once in a while we take a trip on our own, but usually we spend our free time visiting with our daughters and their families, or we take a trip to visit Mom. As Mom would say, life is good!

      Delete
  3. You sound so busy!!
    My friend knits dishcloths so I am going to share the name of the yarn you are using in case she is interested. ;)
    Can't wait to see the new afghan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at all you do😃 and good with your family too💕

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!