Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Christmas Green


With the colder weather, I find myself turning to knitting and crocheting so that I can feel the warmth of the yarn in my hands. This summer, daughter Joanne and I found a sale on Caron x Pantone yarn. Who can resist half price? I had two skeins in my line of vision, and I decided it would make a wonderful cowl. I didn't find a cowl pattern that inspired me, so I turned to my copy of Sequence Knitting, a book that I love to browse through. I found a pattern that I liked and got to knitting. I'm eager to see how this looks when it's finished!


Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design has been offering some gorgeous shuttles lately. I took a chance and looked in her shop last week, and I was surprised to see this beautiful Iris shuttle still available. Rita also had a new shade of blue for her handmade shuttles. I love them both!


I also found some beautiful new shuttles from ShuttleSmith Karen Bovard. I do enjoy tatting with flat shuttles!


As for Christmas Green, I'm very happy to have tatted a Frivolity Ice Drop in this cheerful color. The red ribbon seemed to be the perfect touch!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your finished cowl!! :)
    Fabulous shuttles!!! :)
    Another great Ice Drop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me think I need to try flat shuttles. I do like the Christmas green with a red ribbon, works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know flat shuttles aren't for everyone. My fingers are extremely dry, never oily, so I have no problem with the thread getting dirty from handling. I made my first one out of cardboard to see if I'd like it. That fell apart quickly. I have some lovely wood flat shuttles, and they're among my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Pretty colour combo for both cowl and ice drop ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š
    My fingers and hand are so stubborn & neurotic, they just disconnect their neural network and refuse to move if I try to change my bobbin shuttle to a post or a flat shuttle ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The bobbin shuttles are the most difficult for me to adjust to! I still use them, though!

      Delete
  4. I'd love to see all your shuttles together to see what the proportion of blue ones to 'others' is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... that could take a bit of doing. Maybe I'll get around to that once I've finished organizing all my stuff!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!