Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Sick days

I've basically slept away the past week. I've had a low grade fever and persistent cough. It seemed the best thing to do was sleep, so that's what I did. I did call the doctor's office, and they ordered medicine for a sinus infection. However, I was told that I had to have a COVID test, so I did. It came back positive, which seemed odd since I haven't been in contact with anyone other than Mom and Dave, and I had finished my vaccine two weeks before. I'm in quarantine until Friday. If I truly have COVID, it's a very mild case. Still, I will follow the protocols.

I'm on a hand-dyed thread kick again, and I had recently ordered some beautiful new threads from my friend Pamela aka Tatskool. I've been collecting hand-dyed threads for years, and I've decided it's time to do more than just collect. I need to enjoy this wonderful threads!

Yesterday was the first day I had energy to do anything in a week, so I tatted around four different donuts. I think the top left one is my favorite. The thread is Pamela's Serendipity, size 20. I do love tatting with hand-dyed threads!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Yes, it is best to follow all protocol and keep yourself and your family safe. Lovely shades 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel pretty good! Somehow, coughs seem to linger for an awfully long time.

      Delete
  2. I did wonder where you were. Sorry to hear you’re not well. You have to look after yourself whether the covid diagnosis is correct or not! Such beautiful threads, tatting with them is something to look forward to during your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you!!!
    Beautiful donut tatting!! :) Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was starting to wonder when no new posts appeared. So Pam is selling her thread again? That is awesome. I hope she does her gingerbread colorway cause I've lost the bit that I hoarded away.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!