Saturday, May 29, 2021

Tollway Tatters

Tollway Tatters met today via Zoom. We had a really nice visit, and it was great to see what everyone was working on. Unfortunately, we may never meet on the tollway again. There was a recent news article reporting that our Hinsdale Oasis will be demolished in September. I'm not sure how long we've been meeting, but we sure have had fun over the years!

I managed to tat three button ornaments during our meeting today. I usually don't accomplish this much! Marilee was able to identify my hand-dyed thread as her Lake Effect. I'm glad to know the name!

A beautiful blue shuttle arrived in the mail today. This one is by Alexy Romanov in Russia.

Alexy included some amber beads. I love amber! I'll have to do something special with these beautiful little beads!

5 comments:

  1. Great tatting!! :)
    Love the color in that shuttle!! ;)
    Neat surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it’s a shame you may not ever get back to your spot. Hopefully you’ll find another place to meet in person once zoom meetings are no longer the only way for you to get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we will find a place to meet. The oasis was such a convenient location, easy to get to, a variety of food choices, and it was nice and bright!

      Delete
  3. is the blue tatting shuttle a plastic/acrylic one? gorgeous!
    Linda B in Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!